My area of interest is the spectral theory of linear operators and its application to the solution of problems in the mathematical physics and functional analysis. My recent research activity covers a broad area, including topics as far-off as high energy physics and numerical linear algebra.
My responsibilities in the Mathematics Department include:
- Carrying out research in pure and applied mathematics
- Lecturing both at the undergraduate and postgraduate level
- Supervision of PhD, MSc and undergraduate project students
- Lecturing for the Scottish Mathematical Sciences Training Centre
- Other administrative responsibilities